Skip to main content

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry deal with 'difficult situation' after report dad won't attend

Image result for Meghan Markle, Prince Harry deal with 'difficult situation' after report dad won't attend

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry deal with 'difficult situation' after report dad won't attend


Meghan Markle's father, Thomas Markle, told American publication TMZ on Monday that he will not attend his daughter's wedding to Prince Harry.
According to the TMZ report, Markle decided not to walk his daughter down the aisle on Saturday, after it was revealed he worked with a picture agency to stage some pictures of him preparing himself for the wedding.
The report added that Meghan Markle's father said he now thought the pictures were "stupid and hammy" and that he made the decision to skip the wedding so he wouldn't embarrass the royal family or his daughter.
    CNN has reached out to Thomas Markle for comment over phone and over email but has yet to receive an answer.
    "This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding," a Kensington Palace spokesman said Monday. "She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation."
    Images of Thomas Markle at an internet cafe checking out a website featuring his soon-to-be royal daughter sparked an "awww" moment on social media last week.
    But Markle's half-sister, Samantha, told a British TV network on Monday that the images were staged.
    Thomas Markle has been the subject of many unflattering media reports in the British tabloids as his daughter Meghan prepares to marry Prince Harry on Saturday. Samantha Markle told ITV that she urged their father to stage positive photos for the paparazzi to help improve his image.
    "I said the world has no idea that you're getting in shape and doing healthy things," Samantha Markle said on the ITV program "Loose Women."
    "They don't photograph you buying vegetables and pH water, they photograph you in as unflattering ways as they can. I said, 'Really you need to show the world you are getting in shape and doing great, healthy things.' So I suggested it."
    Another photo of Thomas Markle that may have also been staged
    In Sunday editions and online, Britain's Daily Mail published what it said was security camera footage showing Thomas Markle arriving at the internet cafe with a photographer.
    Samantha Markle took full responsibility for arranging the photos, saying she was "entirely the culprit." When asked if her father had been paid, she said she didn't think so but wasn't sure.
    "I do not believe so. That was not the motive -- it was my suggestion," she said. "I have no idea. But if he did, I am going to assume it was a pittance -- they don't pay that much. It really was so the world could see him doing the healthy things."
    Meghan Markle, 36, has captured international attention as she prepares to become the newest member Britain's royal family.
    The biracial American actress, like her fiance Prince Harry, is a child of divorce. Thomas Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, met at a Hollywood studio in the late 1970s where he was working as a lighting director and she was a temp.
    Her parents split when Meghan was young, but she told Vanity Fair this year that they remain on good terms and even take vacations together as a family. Earlier this month, Kensington Palace announced that Thomas Markle was scheduled to walk Meghan down the aisle at her wedding.
    In her ITV interview, Samantha Markle accused the media of taking advantage of Thomas Markle, noting that their father, who is 73 years old, is "a bit more fragile."
    "I feel that the media have unfairly preyed on him and he has really been admirable about laying low and not speaking out on certain things," Markle told ITV. "I merely wanted him to be seen in a respectable light and that wasn't being done."

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    1000 Most Common Portuguese Words in Conversation

    This is a list of the 1,000 most commonly spoken Portuguese words. Number Portuguese in English 1 como as 2 I I 3 seu his 4 que that 5 ele he 6 foi was 7 para for 8 em on 9 são are 10 com with 11 eles they 12 ser be 13 em at 14 uma one 15 tem have 16 este this 17 a partir de from 18 por by 19 quente hot 20 palavra word 21 mas but 22 o que what 23 alguns some 24 é is 25 ele it 26 você you 27 ou or 28 teve had 29 o the 30 de of 31 a to 32 e and 33 uma a 34 em in 35 nós we 36 lata can 37 fora out 38 outro other 39 foram were 40 que which 41 fazer do 42 seu their 43 tempo time 44 se if 45 vontade will 46 como how 47 disse said 48 uma an 49 cada ...

    Call of Duty WW2

    Call of Duty WW2                         Call of Duty :  WWII  pre-review Many of us are old enough to remember a time when the idea of a first-person shooter set during World War II seemed overdone to the point of parody. The first three  Call of Duty  releases took place during World War II, breaking from the tradition with 2007’s  Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare .  Call of Duty: WWII ,  developer Sledghammer Games’ second full release in the franchise, brings us back to that historic conflict as the series begins to eat its own tail on modern hardware. Or maybe this could be seen as a sort of reboot.   Call of Duty: WWII packs in the same ridiculous amount of things to do as past games in the series with a full single-player campaign, many options for multiplayer including   the asymmetrical War game mode , the   new Headquarters social hub   and of cours...

    ranked worst to best, include ‘Lust for Life,’ ‘Spartacus,’ ‘Paths of Glory’, Kirk Douglas movies: 15 greatest films

    Kirk Douglas  remarkably celebrates his 102nd birthday on December 9, 2018. The three-time Oscar nominee appeared in dozens of movies in a career that spanned decades. But how many of those titles are classics? In honor of his birthday, let’s take a look back at 15 of his greatest films, ranked worst to best. Born in 1916, Douglas kicked off his acting career after serving in the Navy during WWII. He made his film debut with a small role in “The Strange Love of Martha Ivers” (1946). His first Oscar nomination as Best Actor came just three years later for  Mark Robson ‘s boxing drama “Champion” (1949). He earned two more Oscar bids working with director  Vincent Minnelli , first for the Hollywood melodrama “The Bad and the Beautiful” (1952) and again for the  Vincent Van Gogh  biopic “Lust for Life” (1956). The latter film brought him victories at the Golden Globes and New York Film Critics Circle. SEE Honorary Oscars: Full gallery of acting recipients inc...